You are here
Videos and aging in place technology
I am convinced that a video is worth a thousand words. I know, I regularly write at least that many words to explain to people about technology for aging in place -- and believe me, people get it far more quickly listening to me talk. So here's a short post that skips the words and shows videos of vendor products.
- Halo Monitoring -- Interview about their wearable device for fall detection.
- PointerWare -- about using their ease-of-use software to access a computer.
- Doro -- about the idea of a cell phone as a way to communicate.
- GE/Intel QuietCare video -- about QuietCare in a senior housing community.
- PositScience - about their cognitive fitness software.
- Grandparents.com -- Grandparents 'Unplugged'.
- MyCelery.com -- fax two-way printing e-mail.
- Invisible Caregiver -- all about mobility aids for aging in place.
- It's Never Too Late (IN2L) website video page -- including videos of seniors using online paint, games, and therapy tools. Very cool.
- Selfhelp -- video about a community started for Holocaust survivors that incorporates technology in its independent living apartments.
- Taking the stairs can be fun - watch how the stairs next to an escalator poach all the riders.
- GrandStream Multimedia phone -- a good video ad for a phone that is multi-purpose.
- Remembering the Last Act -- From The New Old Age blog, a well-made video of a 75th birthday.
- And finally, as long as we're on the video point, check out the video 'Hurricane Hazel' McCallion, the 88-year-old mayor of Mississauga, Ontario, who has held the office for the past 31 years!
- Seniors learn to appreciate the iPad at one senior housing community.
- Man in nursing home awakens from listening to music
- BeClose -- Mother's Day 2012
- LeadingAge Technology Aging in Place 2012
- LeadingAge At 109, oldest living pianist, 2013
Send me links to the video about your product and maybe we can build out this post into a helpful list of illustrative examples (always keeping Hazel, of course!).